Sunday, September 03, 2006

Bills Buttermilk Cake

I really, really like this cake. I have always found Bill Granger's recipes to be both easy and delicious. This cake did not let me down. It's from bills food.

The cake is very light and moist and has a curious but delicious flavour that I find difficult to describe. It's kind of a milky taste, sort of.

It's a fairly basic cake recipe, so it was dead easy to make.



The recipe is for a raspberry syrup topping. But I was seduced by some lovely sticks of rhubarb at the farmer's market. So instead I made up a raspberry and rhubarb sauce. It was basically the same recipe only with fewer raspberries and the rhubarb.

While it was delicious cold, I found it best still warm from the oven. The crumb of the cake was incredibly light and tender. Yummy.


2 Comments:

At 10:49 pm, Blogger Cottage Smallholder said...

I think Bill Granger is a great chef and his recipes are chic and delicious.

Love the idea of rhubarb and rasberry topping.

 
At 7:58 pm, Blogger KJ said...

Hi Fiona, I agree. He has so many good recipes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to A Cracking Good Egg by Email
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet