Thursday, April 24, 2008

T&C: Spinach and Garlic Soup

Welcome to an interesting day in the life of KJ. Today the olympic torch comes to Canberra. As I work in the Parliamentary triangle I have no choice but to be in the thickest of the thick of it. Last night I had a bird's eye view of the fireworks from my desk. In the car park this morning I was greeted by a sea of chinese flags. A hot air balloon with a smiley face has just floated right past my window. Oooh here's another one - it's red, yellow and blue. It's going to be quite a day!

But even more exciting, it's Taste and Create time again.


This is a great event run by Nicole at For the Love of Food. You are paired with a fellow blogger and you each make something from each others blog. So much fun!!!

Last month I was teamed up with Janaki from The Spice is Right and made fantastic Amish Sour Cream Corn Bread.

This month I was teamed up with Kittie from Kittens in the Kitchen. I spent ages perusing her blog and finally settled on Spinach and Garlic Soup. Winter is bearing down and there's a definite chill in the air. Perfect soup weather. And who couldn't do with more greens in their diet.


And it was delicious. I made it nice and thick and served it with a dollop of mascarpone and some crunch buttery toast. Yum!!

You can find the recipe here on Kittie's blog.

6 Comments:

At 9:33 pm, Blogger Laura Paterson said...

Hey KJ - glad you liked it - it's one of my favourite winter warmers!

I used the remains of your foccacia last night to make garlic bread - so good!!

 
At 9:40 pm, Blogger Cottage Smallholder said...

That looks wonderful, thanks KJ and Kitty!

As you say, a great way of eating the five a day without tears.

 
At 10:39 pm, Blogger Patricia Scarpin said...

KJ, that is a wonderful idea for a light dinner. Tks for sharing - and that even sounds so interesting!

 
At 3:12 am, Blogger Deborah said...

I love the gorgeous green color of it!

 
At 11:25 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi KJ, healthy soup...looks good..

 
At 12:35 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like a healthy detox soup!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to A Cracking Good Egg by Email
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet