Monday, November 20, 2006

Stephanie's Passionfruit Shortbread

Who can resist shortbread? Melt in your mouth goodness. Add in some passionfruit and you have an irresistible combination. The tartness of the passionfruit contrasts beautifully with the sweet butteriness of the shortbread. I'm munching on one right now.

I love passionfruit. It takes me straight back to my baby salad days when we had passionfruit vines growing in the backyard. Dessert was always ice-cream and it always always had freshly scooped passionfruit and our home grown bananas scattered over the top.

Anyway back to the shortbread. This recipe is from Stephanie Alexander's Cook's Companion. It is very simple and quick. The piping was no problem. I would prefer more passionfruit to give more than just a hint of flavour. I think the trick would be to adjust the icing to suit your own taste.




Passionfruit Shortbread
(by Stephanie Alexander from the Cook's Companion)

Cream 180g soft unsalted butter, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest and 2/3 cup of icing sugar in a food processor. Mix in pulp of 3 passionfruit, 100g of cornflour and 180g of self raising flour. Chill for 20 minutes.

Pipe on lined baking trays and bake in 220C oven for 5-8 minutes.

Ice when cold. For icing, melt 50g of unsalted butter, add pulp of 1 passionfruit and 1 cup of icing sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes over hot water until shiny.

1 Comments:

At 7:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum. I'm sure I would love this. I love shortbread and I love passionfruit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to A Cracking Good Egg by Email
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet