Thursday, December 21, 2006

Oat Biscuits



I love oatmeal biscuits. They are just so satisfying somehow. They are biscuits of substance. So I had to try the oat biscuit recipe in Apples for Jam by Tessa Kiros.

I have to say they are really very good biscuits. There is nothing fancy about them at all. Simple is always best I find. And they are really easy to make.

Tessa claims that they are healthy. They do have both oats and wholemeal flour after all. But they also have a fair whack of butter and sugar. I'm not sure I would take her up on her suggestion of eating them for breakfast. I would just feel guilty. My mum would have a fit. Morning tea, however, would be about perfect.



Oat Biscuits
(by Tessa Kiros from Apples for Jam)

Beat 1 egg, 120 gm of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Beat in 80 gm of softened butter. Sift together 50 gm of plain flour, 50 gm of wholemeal flour and 1 teaspoon of baking powder and mix in. Mix in 100 gm of quick cooking oats, 1 tablespoon of milk and a pinch of salt.

Roll into walnut sized balls and place, well spaced, on a lined baking tray. Press with a fork to flatten slightly. Bake for 15 minutes in a 180C oven until golden around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.

1 Comments:

At 11:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those look good! I just ordered Apples for Jam (half price in the Waterstones online sale!) after browsing through it in the bookstore last week. Already have Falling Cloudberries which is excellent too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to A Cracking Good Egg by Email
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet