Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Pumpkin Cake

I was lucky enough to be given a copy of the Italian cooking bible, The Silver Spoon, for Christmas. I had a great day pouring over all the delicious and exotic (cuttlefish anyone?) recipes with my sister.

One thing I did not notice, however, was this pumpkin cake recipe. I only made it because I was in a rush, I needed to find a cake to make and I opened straight up at this page and thought that will do.

And what a piece of luck it was, because this is a truly delicious cake. The texture is soft and moist. I was a bit dubious about adding crushed up biscuits, but the amaretti gives a lovely flavour. I used limes for the rind and they added a lovely subtle tang.

It's a conventional cake recipe so it's very quick and easy. I will be making this again and again. YUM!!!!



Pumpkin Cake
(from The Silver Spoon)

Cream 100gm of butter and 200gm of caster sugar. Beat in 2 eggs until light and fluffy. Add 150gm of pumpkin puree, 225gm of self raising flour, grated rind of 1 lemon or 3 small limes, 8 crushed amaretti biscuits and 5 tbspn of milk. Pour into a greased and floured 20cm cake tin. Bake in 180C oven for 45 minutes.

1 Comments:

At 8:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome looks yummy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to A Cracking Good Egg by Email
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet