Thursday, February 21, 2008

Taste & Create - Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins

Taste & Create is a great blogging event hosted by Nicole over at For the Love of Food. The idea is that you are teamed up with a fellow blogger and you each make something from each other's blog. I have seen posts popping up in the blogosphere for ages, but I always seem to miss the deadline for registering. So frustrating. Finally, I got my act together and here I am.

My partner for the event was Laura Rebecca over at Laura Rebecca's Kitchen. It took me ages to decide what to make, she has so many great recipes. I thought about old fashioned apple cake, cardamom chocolate chunk cookies, spicy ginger cake.

Then I saw these - Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins - and it was all over red rover.


I was so excited to try them. I like donuts, but I rarely eat them as I avoid fried foods as much as possible. A baked substitute would be perfect. As if this wasn't enough, Laura Rebecca's A+ rating and very funny post completely sold the deal.

And am I glad, because these are FANTASTIC!!! I loved them. They really do taste like donuts. Like really, they do!! They disappeared so fast, I wondered if the whole thing had been a dream.

Laura Rebecca's recipe can be found here. Next time I make them I might use a smidge less baking powder. That's all I can suggest. Just bake, eat and enjoy.

12 Comments:

At 10:59 pm, Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

These remind me of the sugar/cinnamon mini doughnuts we get at the fall fair...I guess we can sometimes find them at the farmer's market these days as well :D I have bookmarked them and will give them a try!!

 
At 3:14 am, Blogger Deborah said...

I've seen these and have wanted to try them. Yum!!

 
At 5:37 am, Blogger Patricia Scarpin said...

KJ, I think you have chosen very wisely - these look delish! And I do love cinnamon...

 
At 5:55 am, Blogger Brilynn said...

Those do look awesome! I really like this event but have missed out on it lately cause I just can't seem to get my act together in time.

 
At 12:44 am, Blogger The Cookie Chefs said...

hello, these looked like just the thing my sister was looking for. so I made them and she loves them, they're so moist and the sugary top balances well with the cake. thank you so much!

 
At 1:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for a délicious recipe !

Manue

http://lapopottedemanue.canalblog.com/archives/2008/02/22/8053415.html#comments

 
At 7:44 am, Blogger KJ said...

Hi Val, I hope you enjoy them. Let me know how you get on.

Hi Deb, they are good.

Hi Patricia, I agree cinnamon is always a winner.

Hi Brilynn, I've really enjoyed this event too. I will be back next month for sure.

Hi joomin, fantastic!! I'm happy to have helped.

Hi Manue, thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

 
At 10:08 am, Blogger Nora B. said...

Hi KJ,

This sounds so good! I don't eat fried foods too, not because I don't like them, but only because I think I shouldn't have them. So to hear you say that these tastes like fried donuts makes me want to try them too.

have a good weekend,
Nora

 
At 7:48 pm, Blogger KJ said...

Hi Nora, thanks. Me too on the fried food. It's a guilt thing.

 
At 5:43 pm, Blogger kellypea said...

These sound very nice...I was in the mood for a cinnamony muffin. YUM!

 
At 8:54 am, Blogger Laura Paterson said...

I've just made these for T&C - fan-bloody-tastic!!

It was a bit of a rushed job, check my post - but I'm going to make your crumpets next!

So - same time next month?! ;)

 
At 12:07 am, Anonymous Karis Chi Chi said...

these looks so inviting, sugary, light and fluffy... I feel a tea party coming on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to A Cracking Good Egg by Email
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet