Friday, August 17, 2007

Meme - The Fantastic Four

I have been tagged for the Fantastic Four meme by Fiona - keet breeder, gardner and cook extraordinaire from The Cottage Smallholder. It seems I have to list four points in the following five areas of interest.

I like this meme. It bought back lots of happy memories. Thanks Fiona.

4 jobs I’ve had in my life:

1. Breakfast waitress – up at 5am, juggling hot plates of sausages, eggs and bacon. Can’t say I enjoyed it.

2. Customer service in a Tourist Information Office – nobody ever seemed to ask questions like “What is there to do around here?” No, it was always something hopelessly obscure like “Does this town have any buildings dating from the early 1920s?” I hummed and haaaad a lot.

3. Tutor – teaching economics as a compulsory subject to engineering students who were bored stiff and just wanted a pass. I obliged, sometimes.

4. English as a second language teacher – teaching Vietnamese children a US curriculum. I’m sure they found all the exercises about canoeing, birdwatching and swim camp really meaningful.

4 places I have lived:

1. Brisbane – I went to University there. It’s a fun, relaxed place to live.

2. Canberra – where I live now.

3. Hanoi – Beautiful, vibrant, fascinating. Riding around on the back of motorbikes. Eating delicious meal after delicious meal on tiny stools in the street, little family run hole in the wall restaurants in the back streets, and five star restaurants run by internationally renowned chefs.

4. ? – who knows where I will go next.

4 places I have been on holiday:

1. Noosa – my parent’s holiday location of choice when I was growing up. It was a quiet little beach town in those days. We would spend all day on the beach. We had foot long hot dogs for lunch. On the way home we went to the 100 flavours ice cream parlour. What more could a kid ask for.

2. East Africa – mountain gorillas, game parks, UN refugee camps, red dust and smiling people.

3. Tibet – temples, devotion, turquoise, yak burgers, breathtaking scenery.

4. Iceland – ice, steam, waterfalls, skyr, endless daylight, stark emptiness.

4 of my favourite foods:

1. Chicken Pie

2. My Mum's trifle

3. Bangers and Mash with onion gravy

4. Risotto

4 places I would rather be right now:

1. On my comfy couch, tucked under a doona, with a mug of hot chocolate and a good book, with the rain pouring down outside.

2. On a yacht cruising the Greek islands

3. Snorkelling over brilliantly coloured coral and fish in crystal clear waters off a deserted pure white beach on a Pacific Island.

4. Nibbling away at a table full of yum cha with a table full of my friends.

So there you have it. Now I have to tag four blogs. I have chosen the following terrific bloggers, who may or may not have done this meme already.

Molly at Batter-Splattered
Tara at Seven Spoons
Anh at Food Lover's Journey
Norah at Life's Smorgasbord

4 Comments:

At 9:10 pm, Blogger Cottage Smallholder said...

You've been to some pretty amazing places! I loved your answers from the image of sausage and mash with onion gravy to snorkelling in a crystal clear sea. Thanks.

 
At 3:46 pm, Blogger Nora B. said...

Hi KJ,
ah, finally I am back at your blog. I lost your blog link a while back. I've put you on my daily feed so hopefully I won't miss any of your posts.

Thanks for the meme tag. I'll get to it soon. I hope that you are having a great weekend. It's been raining in Sydney all day...

 
At 4:42 pm, Blogger KJ said...

Hi Nora. Welcome back. It's been miserable here as well. A great excuse to stay in, lounge around and just relax. I couldn't be happier.

 
At 9:10 am, Blogger Anh said...

Hi KJ, finally I can locate your blog. *clap clap*. Please gimme some time with the Meme, I am swimming in work now! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to A Cracking Good Egg by Email
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet