Thursday, October 30, 2008

Iced Lychee and Mint Drink



Oh hai!! My name is Smeagol. I lives with my hoomin across the road from KJ. I wants to be a LOL cat, but is very hard. Too much competitions. So KJ says if I want, I can go on her blog to be on the interwebs. So here I is.

First I says something about meh. Den KJ asks me to introduce recipe for hoomin food.

Name: Smeagol as I says.

Age: Dunno akshually. I's not a kitten and I's not a senior cat. I's somewhere in betweens.

Favourite things: Jumping up onto da roof. Is very high. I hangs my paws over the gutter and watch KJ jumpin and yellin. She so funny. I just laff and laff.

Snoozin' on da neighbours BMW. Is most comfy car in da street. He's always yellin. I dunno why.

Poles. I likes gliding against poles. Is my thing. This one my favourite. Is nice.



Things I no like: Hoomins pattin meh on da head. On left cheek and behind right ear is OK. Else, hands off the kitteh.

Dat big black kitteh that lives down da road. I hate him.

Now for the recipe. Is a drink akshually - Iced Lychee and Mint. I no know what dat is. But is pretty colour - no!!!.

Thank Smeegs. As you can see I am a cat person. I find them intriguing creatures. Take Smeagol here. One day it's all BFF forever and I am showered with love and affection. Next day I am cut dead. She looks at me like I'm some stranger trying to lure her into a car with a bag of sweets. There's no reckoning with that little feline mind.

But there is nothing complicated about this drink. It's a cinch to whip up. Mint is always refreshing. It's fantastic on a long hot day.


Iced Lychee and Mint Drink
(adapted from marie claire Kitchen)

Place 5 lychees and 125ml of syrup (from a tin of lychees in syrup) in a blender. Add 15 large mint leaves, 1 tbspn lime juice and 10 ice cubes.

Blend until smooth. Pour in chilled glasses.

Makes 2 small or 1 large drink.

10 Comments:

At 6:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a craic!! I am having a cruddy day with difficult kids and that really cheered me up! So thanks and I'll be making one of those drinks soon but adding a hefty whack o'vodka!!
Kate (hpoe you've entered the taste.com.au comp with Kitchen Aid as prize)

 
At 5:27 am, Blogger Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Now tell me why I've been so busy that I haven't stopped by for ages and laughed my socks off!

I love this post, you're so spot on. Cats, it's all on their terms! x

 
At 7:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting drink and what a beautiful cat. :)

 
At 10:24 am, Blogger Lyra said...

Fascinating combo of mint and lychee, I'll have to try it out someday! And its great to see your sense of humor is still raring to go! A very funny post, especially since we just got a kitten...its all true! (pic of the kitty is on my blog)

 
At 9:19 pm, Blogger Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Just read this again with da eldest kid! He's still laughing...

 
At 4:29 pm, Blogger Laura said...

Hysterical! I am a dog person myself, but I love both.

 
At 4:26 pm, Blogger jess said...

your cat is cute! my cat aspires to LOLcat greatness as well but my latest attempt failed to amuse the icanhascheezburger bunch - they're a tough crowd!

http://jess1976.blogspot.com/2008/11/lollexie.html

 
At 1:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

 
At 5:52 pm, Blogger Karpy said...

thanks for putting this on your blog - I was looking for the recipe - it's delicious!

 
At 5:53 pm, Blogger Karpy said...

thanks for this - i was looking for the recipe - YUM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to A Cracking Good Egg by Email
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet