Saturday, November 10, 2007

A snippet of Diwali

Well, here I am in Jaipur. I have only time for a few words. Right now Jaipur is celebrating Diwali (the festival of lights, for Laxmi the goddess of wealth and a few others). Technically, this internet cafe is closed but I have been very kindly let in for a few minutes. I have been blown away by the kindness, generosity and good humour that I have met with here.

So far it has been extraordinary. For Diwali, Jaipur is covered in lights. People light little lamps all around their houses. Last night, the whole population was letting of fireworks in the street. It was like being in a war zone. So different from my safe little protected world. And it was so much fun, if a bit nerve wracking.

I hope to be able to post some photos and few more words when Jaipur settles back to business.

6 Comments:

At 11:21 pm, Blogger Meeta K. Wolff said...

KJ I hope you enjoy your stay in India and discover all it wonderful magical secrets.

 
At 3:19 am, Blogger Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Amazing! I'm a little envious here as I type. Enjoy every second!

 
At 12:43 pm, Blogger Cynthia said...

Can't wait to see the pics.

 
At 9:21 pm, Blogger Cottage Smallholder said...

So glad that all is going well for you! Thanks for the update

 
At 1:03 pm, Blogger Helene said...

Glad to hear you made it safe! What an incredible opportunity! Hope you enjoy your work and your stay there! Be safe!

 
At 10:22 am, Blogger Nora B. said...

What a great time to be in India!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to A Cracking Good Egg by Email
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet