Saturday, January 03, 2009

Triple Choc Cranberry Oatmeal Biscuits

It's a new year. Everywhere I look people are reviewing the year that was. Making resolutions for the year to come. I just can't be bothered with all that. Due to some health issues last year pretty much stank on a personal level. So I am just going to forget it ever happened. 2008, what?? Next year can't help but be better. I figure all I have to do is just get on with it.

And these biscuits turned out to be the perfect start. They are so, so good. Oatmeal, three types of choc chunks and cranberries. Sweet and tangy and YUMMY!!! The trick seems to be in using fresh cranberries. It adds that extra something in both taste and texture.


I found this recipe in amongst Epicurious's 25 days of Christmas cookies. Oh my goodness, I was just drooling over one cookie after another. Talk about spoilt for choice!! I would love to have the time and energy to bake and ice my own cookie decorations. So very Martha Stewartesque. Maybe next year. But probably not.



Hope you have a great 2009!!!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 12:36 am, Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

These cookies certainly are droolworthy KJ. Welcome to 2009!!!!

 
At 8:52 pm, Blogger Cindy said...

Wishing you a happier and healthier 2009!

 
At 5:57 am, Blogger Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Mmmmm delicious!

I'm with you, I was very glad to say goodbye to 2008.

I hope you have a healthy and very brilliant 2009!

 
At 7:29 am, Blogger grace said...

it's a simple formula: one chocolate < two chocolates < three chocolates. :)
happy 2009, kj!

 
At 11:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These cookies look absolutely delish! Happy New year to you , KJ!

 
At 1:31 pm, Blogger Elle said...

Happy New Year KJ! These look fantastic...and the fresh cranberries would give a nice tang.

 
At 3:54 am, Blogger Deborah said...

These do look like a great way to start of 2009! I wish you all the best this year!

 
At 8:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is cold and raining today - cranberries are on sale at the market - seems like the perfect January cookie to me... Thanks -

 
At 9:29 pm, Blogger Chocolate Shavings said...

Great photos, those look delicious!

 
At 9:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a healthy and very brilliant 2009! all the best

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to A Cracking Good Egg by Email
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet