Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Cinnamon Buns



See these, these are cinnamon buns. And they are yummy. Scrummy in fact.



See that icing, that is cream cheese icing. It is oh my god good. I was never all that enthused about cream cheese icing on cinnamon buns. It sounded kinda weird. It's not!! I made sure I did not miss out on even a drip.



The recipe for this came from my sister (who got it from someone who got if from someone who got it from a long forgotten source). She sent it to me ages ago and then hounded me until I baked them. I got a text message every Monday without fail. I'm glad she didn't give up because they are yummy. Did I mention that.



Cinnamon Buns

Dough
3 tsp Dry Yeast
1 cup Warm Milk
½ cup Sugar
½ cup Melted Butter
1 tsp Salt
2 Eggs
4 cups Plain Flour

Filling
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 ½ tbs Cinnamon
1/3 cup Butter

Icing
8 tbs Butter
1 ½ cups Icing Sugar
½ cup Cream Cheese
½ tsp Vanilla

Dough: Mix Yeast and 1 tbs sugar into warm milk. Leave in a warm place until frothy. Sift flour, salt, sugar and make a well in the centre. Add yeast mix, eggs and melted butter.

Mix to a dough and knead in a bread machine, using a dough hook or by hand until smooth and elastic.

Cover and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled.

Punch and roll out until approx ½ cm thick.

Filling: Beat butter until creamy, add brown sugar and cinnamon and mix until smooth. Spread over the dough.

Roll up lengthwise. Cut into slices. Place on a biscuit tray and cover and leave to rise for an hour.

Bake for 10-15 mins in 190C oven until brown around the edges.

Icing: While buns are baking, beat the icing ingredients together and spread over each roll while still hot.

Eat while still warm for maximum enjoyment.

10 Comments:

At 3:37 am, Blogger grace said...

of all my many, many food-related weaknesses, i do believe the cinnamon bun tops the list. i find these particularly appealing, kj--excellent work.

 
At 6:05 am, Blogger Anh said...

Oh my. I would love to bake these buns, too. Thanks for sharing with us.

 
At 8:35 am, Blogger Karine said...

They look really yummy! I am always impressed when I see someone who makes cinnamon buns; to me, it looks so hard!

 
At 1:57 pm, Blogger Laura said...

Those look PERFECT!

 
At 12:16 pm, Blogger thecelticcookinshanghai said...

Only one thing to say Yum!

 
At 12:04 am, Blogger Patricia Scarpin said...

Those are the good recipes, KJ - the ones that have been tested and tried several times, by dear people. :D

These look irresistible and I can completely understand why your sister insisted so much. :D

 
At 12:02 pm, Anonymous Katherine said...

These remind me of Cinabuns in America. I think the cream cheese icing would be betther though. I cant wait to try it.

 
At 1:12 pm, Blogger Diana's Cocina said...

These look incredible. I will have to give them a try. Glad I found your blog.

 
At 7:21 pm, Anonymous Isabella said...

Your food photos are amazing! I’ve been lurking on your blog for awhile and finally thought I’d say something…. your photography is excellent.

 
At 12:48 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks really good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to A Cracking Good Egg by Email
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet